Saturday, October 22, 2011

I started a Christmas decorating Pinterest board. Sue me.


I am perfectly aware that Halloween hasn't even happened yet. Nevertheless, I have gone ahead and added a Christmas decorating board to my Pinterest.

I wasn't around much the first three weekends of October, so I'm sorry to say I didn't get into much fall decorating, aside from some white mini pumpkins and some mums. And even though fall remains my favourite season, I think holiday decorating is just as lovely, if not more. It's whimsical and magical, and there's so many different ways to do it. This year I really want to bring the outdoors in and decorate my home with elements of nature: pine cones, birch logs, branches.

And I'd like to try this idea from the now-defunct Readymade: balsam fir saplings in jars, decorated with twine and ribbons. Might even make cool gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment